none
how do i reset my computer to original factory specs? RRS feed

• Question

• i have backed up all my files.my gran kids play on this and somehow screen is magnified.

i did recovery and tried holding cntl button down and hitting 0.

the cntrl button and hitting 0 did not work.any advice will be much appreciated.

thank u 

dick123456789

• Moved by Jon Levesque Monday, December 14, 2015 4:54 PM wrong forum
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hi disk23456789,

Please confirm with us that what’s your meaning of “reset to original factory specs” at first. In our thought, reset operation usually means re-install system.

Please try hold Ctrl+0 during restarting to see the result.

In addition, under general condition, Ctrl+0 key’s combination is used to recover webpage display status.

If you uses IE browser and display a large proportion, we could adjust it by pressing Ctrl key and minus key(Ctrl -). Or click browser lower-right corner’s percentage.(if it not exist here, click View->Toolbars->Status bar)

If you mean desktop is magnified, we usually adjust it by enhancing resolution.(right click the blank space of desktop->screen resolution).

What’s more, I advise you to find out the manual of computer, it would introduce the method that how to enter factory restore status in detail. Besides, contract manufacturer would also be useful to deal with your issue,

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi disk23456789,

Please confirm with us that what’s your meaning of “reset to original factory specs” at first. In our thought, reset operation usually means re-install system.

Please try hold Ctrl+0 during restarting to see the result.

In addition, under general condition, Ctrl+0 key’s combination is used to recover webpage display status.

If you uses IE browser and display a large proportion, we could adjust it by pressing Ctrl key and minus key(Ctrl -). Or click browser lower-right corner’s percentage.(if it not exist here, click View->Toolbars->Status bar)

If you mean desktop is magnified, we usually adjust it by enhancing resolution.(right click the blank space of desktop->screen resolution).

What’s more, I advise you to find out the manual of computer, it would introduce the method that how to enter factory restore status in detail. Besides, contract manufacturer would also be useful to deal with your issue,

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Friday, December 25, 2015 9:24 AM