none
Problems with DB2 Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hy Guys. I'm new with DB2 Adapter and I install the Biztalk Adapter for Host System 2.0

I'm trying to execute a Stored Procedure that fave a simple select and return one line, and when I execute with parameters I have this waining on Event Viewer:

The adapter "DB2" raised an error message. Details "Proc_Name? in *N type *N not found.".

I've created a Console application that execute the same procedure and in OleDbReader only return the columns, not the rows. I've asked for administrator of database db2 execute the procedure with the same value parameters and it's returned one row for him.

If I execute other procedure whitout parameters it's wotk fine.

Any Ideas? Tks a lot.

Espero ter ajudado
    Ruth
    MVP, MCTS - Biztalk Server
    www.biztalkbrasil.com.br
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hy Guys.

This error is because I don't have type "Default Schema" in my Connection String.

We have to do this, because the adapter not support multiple table schema. Be careful when you type cause the field is case sensitive.

So my connection string looks like this:

Provider=DB2OLEDB;User ID=biztalk;Password=***************;Initial Catalog=NAME_SERVER;Network Transport Library=TCP;Host CCSID=37;PC Code Page=1252;Network Address=NAME_SERVER;Network Port=446;Package Collection=name;Default Schema=NAME;Process Binary as Character=False;Units of Work=RUW;DBMS Platform=DB2/AS400;Defer Prepare=False;Rowset Cache Size=0;Authentication=Server;Persist Security Info=True;Connection Pooling=False;Derive Parameters=False;

Tks..

Espero ter ajudado
    Ruth
    www.biztalkbrasil.com.br
    • Marked as answer by Ruth Resende Monday, January 3, 2011 11:58 AM
    Monday, January 3, 2011 11:58 AM

All replies

• You didn't provide many details about how you have setup the DB2 Adapter or the stored procedure that is being called, so it is hard to say what the cause of the problem may be.

If you haven't looked at them already, you might take a look at the following papers as they include configuration and test scenarios including SP tests:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a98a3e5-5d95-4f94-99aa-ce185862b3ee

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a08d1fa7-6b3d-4b9c-bce2-38f40d36daa9

If these are not helpful, you migth post some additional details around how the DB2 adapter is setup, what the Select statement is, what parameters are being passed, and what DB2 version you are working with.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Friday, December 31, 2010 4:25 PM
  • Hy Guys.

This error is because I don't have type "Default Schema" in my Connection String.

We have to do this, because the adapter not support multiple table schema. Be careful when you type cause the field is case sensitive.

So my connection string looks like this:

Provider=DB2OLEDB;User ID=biztalk;Password=***************;Initial Catalog=NAME_SERVER;Network Transport Library=TCP;Host CCSID=37;PC Code Page=1252;Network Address=NAME_SERVER;Network Port=446;Package Collection=name;Default Schema=NAME;Process Binary as Character=False;Units of Work=RUW;DBMS Platform=DB2/AS400;Defer Prepare=False;Rowset Cache Size=0;Authentication=Server;Persist Security Info=True;Connection Pooling=False;Derive Parameters=False;

Tks..

Espero ter ajudado
    Ruth
    www.biztalkbrasil.com.br
    • Marked as answer by Ruth Resende Monday, January 3, 2011 11:58 AM
    Monday, January 3, 2011 11:58 AM
  • Ruth,

DB2/400 can be a bit 'slow' at times, and gets confused as to where to look for some things, such as stored procedures, which is why you need to use a default schema at times. It's not so much a provider issue, as DB2/LUW and DB2/MVS do not have this issue (most of the time).

Charles Ezzell - MSFT
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 4:27 PM