none
Resource Freeze RRS feed

• Question

• Currently using project professional connected to Project Server. I'm seeing some unuasal behaviour i cant seem to resolve, wondering if anyone can help? Steps to replicate:

Open in edit mode a project from PWA directly from Project professional. Change to the resource sheet. Create a custom text field. Once complete righ click the column of the custom field and select custom field. Select the field and then configure it to use a custom atribute field of lookup.  Enter a few generic values and select close and then ok.

You should ensure you have local resources try and change the value for the new custom field for a previously created local user, if it was saved previously you should find you can change the value. If you however create a new local resource, when you select the drop down it just freezes for a minute or two and then comes alive again but the field has no value.

If you go to file and save the project and then try and do the same steps you can edit the  custom field for the newly created field.

What i want to know is how do you resolve this, so you do not need to save it first?

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 4:39 AM