Critical and Security update view shows other catagories RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new WSUS server and the Critical update view also shows; Service packs, Security updates, feature packs, Definitions, Updates, and Update rollups.

Is there a way to reset this built in view?  I also have the same problem with the Security updates view.

Friday, March 27, 2015 2:42 PM

Answers

• Removing the server from the WSUS console and then reconnecting to it seems to have corrected the issue.
    • Marked as answer by BriGy86 Friday, April 3, 2015 9:38 PM
    Friday, April 3, 2015 9:38 PM

All replies

• I should mention this is WSUS version 3.2.7600.251 on Server 2008r2
    Friday, March 27, 2015 2:43 PM
  • I have a new WSUS server and the Critical update view also shows; Service packs, Security updates, feature packs, Definitions, Updates, and Update rollups.

Is there a way to reset this built in view?  I also have the same problem with the Security updates view.

Wowsers, not sure if you can change the built in view, but you can create a new view that just shows the Critical Updates in the Actions panel.

New Update View screen grab

Let us know if creating a new view works.

Friday, March 27, 2015 3:34 PM
  • Yeah that will work as a work around.  I'd like to get it fixed so someone doesn't approve updates using the wrong view though.

• Edited by BriGy86 Friday, March 27, 2015 4:00 PM
    Friday, March 27, 2015 3:40 PM
  • Yeah that will work as a work around.  I'd like to get it fixed so someone doesn't approve updates using the wrong view though.

Another item you could check is to run Windows update on the WSUS server via MU and see if it is missing any updates. Just a thought.
    Monday, March 30, 2015 3:29 PM
  • I did install all relevant WSUS updates on the server.  Here is what is left.

Monday, March 30, 2015 4:05 PM
  • Removing the server from the WSUS console and then reconnecting to it seems to have corrected the issue.
    • Marked as answer by BriGy86 Friday, April 3, 2015 9:38 PM
    Friday, April 3, 2015 9:38 PM