Exchange server RRS feed

• Question

• All ,

we have issue with the synchronisation from Exchange 2007 to outlook 2013 .

because previously we are exchange 2007 and office 2007 , that time we don't face any issue with the replication (synchronization) in outlook address book , but we are presently upgraded our system to office 2013 . right now we are facing issue with the replication from exchange (2007) to outlook 2013 even I updated my outlook address book , this will take minimum 1 day to sync.

is thr any issue with the exchange or outlook 2013 or replication timing from the servers? can I get the solution asap please.

Thanks,

Mani L

Mani L

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To narrow down the cause, we can firstly check if the OAB file on CAS server and mailbox server has been up to date.
    If it is up to date on Mailbox server and isn’t up to date on CAS server, the issue may be related to the distribution process.
    If it’s up to date on both CAS and Mailbox server, the issue may be related to the download process.

And based on my research, here is a reference that updating OAB take long time:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2012/02/20/it-takes-a-long-time.aspx

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks,
    Angela

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:05 AM

All replies

• For the Offline Address Book, 24 hours is actually typical.

What's the maximum time?

Is that common to many clients?

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:24 PM
  • Hi,

To narrow down the cause, we can firstly check if the OAB file on CAS server and mailbox server has been up to date.
    If it is up to date on Mailbox server and isn’t up to date on CAS server, the issue may be related to the distribution process.
    If it’s up to date on both CAS and Mailbox server, the issue may be related to the download process.

And based on my research, here is a reference that updating OAB take long time:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2012/02/20/it-takes-a-long-time.aspx

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    Thanks,
    Angela

Angela Shi
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:05 AM