none
how can I disable all local group policy programatically (not unconfigure/disable individual policies)?

Question

• I see that in gpedit.msc, if I right click on Local Computer Policy, there is an option there to enable/disable all local machine or user policies.  The change in policy takes affect immediately as opposed to changing policies other ways and forcing a gpupdate which takes a while.  I see that it changes the options settings in gpt.ini.

Is there any way to programmatically enable/disable those settings so I can avoid having to work around importing/removing policies and running gpupdate?

Right now Im coping a registry.pol file to C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\User and forcing gpudate via an automated process and then to remove the policies, I delete the pol and do another gpudate.  Im doing this via a password protected program in the system tray because the policies lock down running any other apps.  I think it would be much better to just enable or disable all the configured polices but it must be done in an automated process.  

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:22 PM

Answers