none
AS400 DataQueues communication with BizTalk Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm facing the requirement to be able to include communication to data queues into Biztalk Server orchestration i.e. being able to write and read messages from queues.

There is little information in regards to biztalk and data queues online, and I'm just wondering, is building a custom adapter the only way to acomplish this or the exiting adapters for Host Files or Host Applications can handle data queue also.

I'm considering 2 alternatives:

- building a web service to encapsulate communication with data queues (using IBM Client Access components / previously used) 

- creating a small RPG routine in AS400 to handle read/ write operations to data queue and then call it through Host Application adapter

Have anyone used a different approach?

thanks in advance,

Gjergji 

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:13 AM

Answers

• The existing Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Host Files, DB2, MQ, and Host Applications do not support the DDM DTAQ protocol, for remote read/write to i5/OS data queues.

Either of the two alternatives that you are considering are good options. The decision as to which one to use liley depends on how comfortable you are with each one.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Monday, April 25, 2011 1:33 PM