Proxy Settings keep reset after restart in Internet Explorer 11 - Urgent Help!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My Proxy Settings keep going to reset after restart every time in Internet Explorer 11 and every time i need to set Proxy again.

Proxy is going reset to automatically detect!

Can some help me urgent to resolve this issue.

Friday, November 4, 2016 12:40 PM

All replies

• Hello

Is this computer joined to a domain? is it possible the proxy settings are deployed by GPO?

IS it happens for single user ?

Regards, Regin Ravi

Friday, November 4, 2016 12:45 PM
  • Hi Ravi,

Yes this is joined to domain. this is domain user and only this Single user having this issue.

there is no GPO set for proxy as this is single user issue.

Any solution on this much be Appreciated..

Friday, November 4, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Hi AmolV_2016,

According to your description, if it joined to domain and there is no GPO, we could boot in Clean Boot to check and turn off security software temporarily.

Because some security plugin may be caused this issue. I would like suggest you reset the Internet Explorer and disable the add-on to check how it works:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

Also we could try create a new userprofile to check.

If the issue still insists, I suggest that we could use system restore to restore your PC to an earlier point in time.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 7, 2016 3:00 AM
  • Hi AmolV_2016,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hi Carl,

Apologies but i didnt Tried These options as I am on vacation. so could try now.

I will do this by Weekend and share the result

Thanks for Reminder!!

Regards

Amol

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:55 AM