none
Pre-populated actuals in some tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We've recently migrated from project server 2003 to Project Server 2007 and we are using the timesheets in PWA. I have some users who have pre-populated actuals in some of their tasks. In one case, there is time in the task for future dates, in fact, until february 2011. Is there any way to remove that time from the task?

Thank you!

Pierre-Nicolas

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:08 PM

Answers

• There is a server configuration option that doesn't allow entering future time.  You could enable this and it would prevent this.

I am not sure how Project Server handles this if time has already been entered and then the switch is turned on.  My asumption, is that it keeps the future time in the task and you will have to ask people to remove it or make a governance policy that people are not to enter future time and to remove time if its currently there.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:07 PM

All replies

• There is a server configuration option that doesn't allow entering future time.  You could enable this and it would prevent this.

I am not sure how Project Server handles this if time has already been entered and then the switch is turned on.  My asumption, is that it keeps the future time in the task and you will have to ask people to remove it or make a governance policy that people are not to enter future time and to remove time if its currently there.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 12:07 PM
  • Pierre,

I have observed that this happens when actuals are input through Project professional BEFORE the timesheet is created. Please make sure your project managers are not updating project plans through MS Project Pro directly. There is an option to restrict updates to Web access.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:10 PM