Performance Point Dashboard of SSRS reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all --

I'm really new at all this so I don't know if my question should be here or in an SSRS forum somewhere, but here it goes.  I have a series of SSRS reports which work very nicely together.  They basically start with a high level graph view and then you drill down into different detail sets from there.  What I wanted to do for the users is to put this all into a PPS dashboard so that it's all in a nice compact single location.  The first page of the dashboard would be the high level graph and then you could link to additional dashboard pages from the SSRS report.  The issue I'm having is that from the graph on the high level page, each "pie slice" needs to set a parameter either on the next PPS dashboard page or in the SSRS report contained within that dashboard page.  For example...the high level graph splits out customer sales based on category, clicking a category slice goes to dashboard page 2 (which is contains a SSRS report) passing the category id to that page.  I attempted to use URL query filtering, but that didn't seem to work (and to be honest, the example I was following wasn't overly explanatory). 

So...is what I want to do possible within a PPS dashboard.  If not, does anyone have any ideas on what the best approach would be?

Thanks,

Leigh

Thursday, January 20, 2011 4:26 PM

Answers

All replies