WSUS Sync error 6703 RRS feed

• Question

• WSUS sync every morning 5am. Works fine but not today

Sync failed: UssInternalError: SoapException: Fault occurred InternalServerError~~at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall). Source: Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS

WSUS maintenance takes place on a Sunday but no issues

Per some articles have tried removing classifications - if I remove everything it works but doesn't do anything - added in just definition updates and back to above error 

Thoughts?

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Monday, March 18, 2019 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hello Ian Burnell,

Based on the feedback on the other posts (here and here), you are not the only one with the synchronization issue and it should be fixed now. Does it work in your environment now?

Occasionally, there would be issues on the MS side which cause the sync failure. Sometimes it is related to update production such as Office, and sometime it is related to update classification such as definition this time. Although the user experience is not good, Microsoft would fix it soon.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:05 AM

All replies

• which products are you syncing? Wondering if cumulative updates could be causing this issue if syncing Windows 10 updates.

Have you tried a sync on a different category of updates? And your WSUS Maintenance runs every sunday?

Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

Monday, March 18, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Hello Ian Burnell,

Based on the feedback on the other posts (here and here), you are not the only one with the synchronization issue and it should be fixed now. Does it work in your environment now?

Occasionally, there would be issues on the MS side which cause the sync failure. Sometimes it is related to update production such as Office, and sometime it is related to update classification such as definition this time. Although the user experience is not good, Microsoft would fix it soon.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:05 AM
  • It's working now for me :)
    Tuesday, March 19, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hello,

Glad to hear it and thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 10:23 AM
  • Indeed. I have wasted over a man day. First on Monday the sync errors - you think it's something in your own environment and then it start syncing again !

Then on Tuesday the definition update issue - I though we had a major virus outbreak so we started quarantining and scanning affected PCs - again in the end turns out to be that day's definitions

Not good Microsoft !

Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Thursday, March 21, 2019 10:19 AM