none
Admin account unable to checkin a project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an odd problem on one specific project where it gets checked out to the system account. We have a workflow configured that has to publish the project plan when a value is changed on a certain SharePoint list. The system account (called 'Epm Farm Admin') has to check out, publish, and check in the project.

This specific project plan keeps getting locked out to the system account and has to be force checked in. The error in the project server queue is 'root element is missing'.

Searching for information on this error indicates it could be plan corruption and has been resolved for individuals with this problem by doing a Save for Sharing. However, users can check out and check in this plan with no problems - both administrators and project managers. The error only happens to the system account, so I don't know if it truly is plan corruption. Has anyone seen this before and know how to resolve it?

We are using SharePoint 2010 with Project Server 2010, and are on the July 2012 CU.

Thanks

Friday, September 12, 2014 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi 

If the project has been repaired correctly, I'd suggest to delete the user profile and create it again. Before doing this, you could try to clean the user's cache.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:11 PM
  • Thanks for responding.

How would I clear cache from the system account? I can log on to SharePoint and PWA with the system account user, but do not know if this user even has cache since it does not use MS Project to update plans.

I'm nervous of deleting and recreating the system account user profile, since a problem with this could cause major disruption to business.

Friday, September 19, 2014 9:42 AM
  • Indeed it could be dangerous to delete and recreate a system account. You should refer to your farm admin to confirm it.

That being said, have you tried to find what could cause this issue in the project plan? Like blank rows, duplicated resources, resources on summary task, circular references..?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Friday, September 19, 2014 11:54 AM