Drop Calls to a Conference - Diagnostic ID 32 RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing random dropped calls and hopefully someone can point me in a direction to discover a solution.

Setup:  Skype for Business on prem.  Latest patches installed.   All VVX 601 phones.

Main office and 2 branch small offices that are connected via BOVPN (WatchGuard).   Other remote users may join via cell phones.

Issue:   Someone in the main office sets up a Meeting in invites staff.   Randomly over the course of a 2 hour meeting we will have disconnects 1 to 4 or more times.   Today it appears that the main office was disconnected and had to rejoin the meeting causing the remote people to also have to rejoin the meeting.   I have monitoring enabled and for the approximate time of the error I see conference sessions that have a Diagnostic 32.  mydomain.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:4qqpzkt5

This issue seems to be bad enough that we are beginning to question the deployment all together.   Help, any ideas based on this information where I should be looking for the root issue?

Thanks,

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 12:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Kenny-ssa,

Does this issue persist all the time or what do you do before this issue happened?

According to the Diagnostic ID 32, the call was terminated after establishment due to a media timeout between the two internal endpoints. This can be caused by a failure of one of the endpoints or a loss of network connectivity. Correlation of such failures with individual networks or endpoints can indicate potential deployment issues.

You can try to call the internal conference and check if it has the same issue.

If there is no issue during the internal calls, you can check the BOVPN configuration. You can read this link to get a better reference: https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/bovpn/manual/bovpn_examples_c.html.

Due to unfamiliar with BOVPN, you can contact the BOVPN support to get more effectively help. Thanks for your understanding.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 6:53 AM
  • Hi Kenny-ssa,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:07 AM