none
SSAS date showing in excel as "text" even though everything is setup correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have a date dimension in the cube with type "time". I have a hierarchy year - month - day with everything setup correctly.

-Value column is a date with format date to allow date filters

-Year, month and day have correct usage e.g. year - year, month = months etc

-I do not have a name column setup

The problem is that in the cube the days are set as "text". The customer says that when he does the function ISNUMBER() it returns false. If I would for example hard type 2017-02-27 in excel and apply the ISNUMBER, it would return "true".

Any idea on how I can solve this?

Monday, February 26, 2018 9:42 PM

All replies

• The problem is that in the cube the days are set as "text". The customer says that when he does the function ISNUMBER() it returns false. If I would for example hard type 2017-02-27 in excel and apply the ISNUMBER, it would return "true".

Any idea on how I can solve this?

This is by design - all member names come through as text values. 

So what exactly is your issue? If you want to change the formatting of the date attribute, the best way of doing this is to create a varchar column in your source view or in the DSV that applies this formatting and then set that column as the name property.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 2:30 AM