INTERGRATED LAN CARD not working. RRS feed

• Question

• My computer stopped connecting to the internet. All cables are well connected to Time Warner Moderm. It operated by Vista Home Edition. I Contacted HP for help. They advised that my Intergrated LAN CARD on Mother Board is not working. They wanted to charge $200 for repair. Could this be true? Any one with advise? I truly appreciate. Thank you.
    Friday, September 3, 2010 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? Can you associate with any software\hardware change?

What steps did you try when working with HP support?

How does the network icon display at the lower-right corner of your desktop?

Let us verify if this issue lies on software side. Please click Start, type Device manager, check if there is any exclaimation mark before network adapter. Right click on the network adapter, under the general tab, does it say "This device is working properly" under the Device status section?

If the device is working fine, try uninstalling the driver under Driver tab, click OK to save the settings. Restart the computer. Windows Vista will reinstall the default driver automatically. Check if this helps.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:50 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by KARAMU YETU Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:03 PM
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 9:11 AM