none
PPS Custom properties RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I would like to investigate the possibilities of using Custom Properties in PPS, but i cant find any help information.  What sorts of things can you do with Custom Properties and whats involved in doing them?

Any advice or if you can point me to some useful documentation would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, January 11, 2008 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hello,

One option for custom properties is that they can be employed to provide custom values (columns) on a scorecard or dashboard. So, for instance, if you have scorecard created, but would like to add an extra column to provide some additional information to enhance the understanding of the scorecard for the end use, you can use custom properties to create the additional column. You would then select the custom property from the 'properties' list in the details window of the designer workspace and drag the column onto the scorecard.

There may be other uses, or specific examples - perhaps someone will chime in.  The PerformancePoint help file provides some limited information about the custom properties option on the properties tab.

Friday, January 11, 2008 5:59 PM