Hard Drive Encryption Issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

This is in regard to hard drive encryption issues in my USB Hard drive. I have Windows 7. I was encrypting my USB hard drive and was able to enter a password. However, I did not receive any prompt to save the Bitlocker recovery key.  During encryption process, I received an error. The encryption process was unsuccessful. However, now when I plug-in the hard drive, I receive the following message on the status bar:

Application and Device Control rule Block writing to removable media. Unencrypted drive found (No_Encrypted_Found) has blocked edpa.exe trying to access Volume {e3901a75-f1ff-11e1-817c-806e6f6e6963 alpha-numeric number appearing here}

When I try to open the drive, it asks for a password. When I enter the password, I am receiving the following error message:

Bitlocker Drive Encryption failed to recover from an abruptly terminated conversion. This could be due to either all conversion logs being corrupted or the media being write-protected.

I have read that Bitlocker repair tool can help resolve this issue. However, I just have the password that I had set to encrypt the drive and Bitlocker recovery key identification. Can this help to get access to my hard drive data  using the Bitlocker tool.

Friday, January 9, 2015 10:50 AM