Copy files into the virtual bubble RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to copy files into the virtual bubble for App-V 5.1. We have a virtual app where the license expires after about a year. To update the license, all we have to do is replace an .xml file. Instead of re-streaming/updating the App with the sequencer, is there a method to copy the file with either the userConfig.xml or DeploymentConfig.xml each time the app loads?

Louis Paxton

Monday, June 19, 2017 4:30 AM

Answers

• Yes you can. You can add script in the userconfig.xml or deploymentconfig.xml. But I would prefer updating via sequencer or powershell.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Monday, June 19, 2017 8:44 AM
  • So you're going to put the xml file somewhere on a network share? If using a userscript, all users must have read access ofc. No need to use powershell, a robocopy whould do. Just make sure to use the StartVirtualEnvironment executiontime... also keep in mind, the script action will run every time someone starts the application.

It would be easier to just create a update of the package through the sequencer and replace the xml-file as Vigneshwaran suggested. App-V will stream the delta-changes only to clients which already have v0.0.0.1 published.

Roy Essers

• Marked as answer by lpaxton Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:44 PM
    Monday, June 19, 2017 7:15 PM

All replies

• Yes you can. You can add script in the userconfig.xml or deploymentconfig.xml. But I would prefer updating via sequencer or powershell.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Monday, June 19, 2017 8:44 AM
  • I'm still a little fuzzy on the .xml script. Is there a sample I can refer to? Or, I could I do it via powershell? 

Thanks. 

Louis Paxton

Monday, June 19, 2017 4:38 PM
  • So you're going to put the xml file somewhere on a network share? If using a userscript, all users must have read access ofc. No need to use powershell, a robocopy whould do. Just make sure to use the StartVirtualEnvironment executiontime... also keep in mind, the script action will run every time someone starts the application.

It would be easier to just create a update of the package through the sequencer and replace the xml-file as Vigneshwaran suggested. App-V will stream the delta-changes only to clients which already have v0.0.0.1 published.

Roy Essers

• Marked as answer by lpaxton Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:44 PM
    Monday, June 19, 2017 7:15 PM
  • Thanks. Usually I have had to do a rip and replace when I update V-apps when using SCCM. I will look at the update option where SCCM can do delta changes. 

Louis Paxton

Monday, June 19, 2017 9:20 PM