Skype for Business - Dial IN conferences supported under Enterprise CAL? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting conflicting information regarding the support of dial in conferencing.

Is this possible just using an Enterprise CAL or does it require a PLUS Cal?

The licensing guide only explicitly states "dial out" against Ent. CAL, but other forums suggest dial in is also supported.

Personally, I cannot see that a full enterprise voice cal (PLUS CAL) would be needed to just allow dial in conf. Yes, a DDI is needed for incoming calls into the system, but only for the MCU. There's no call routing directly to end users (line URI).

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Craddock

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 3:38 PM

All replies

• Both dial-in and dial-out are supported for enterprise cal.

>>Initiate an ad hoc multiparty (3+ users) meeting with audio and video (including dial-out to PSTN or PBX users)
    >> Automatically join meeting audio from PBX or other phone number

from here

MCSAnykey

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:53 PM
  • Deleted
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, April 6, 2017 3:14 AM
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 2:37 AM
  • Hi,

I believe this wording is directly from the licensing guide document?

However, it doesn't specifically state that dial-in is supported. 

The first sentence states only "dial-out"

The second sentence regarding joining the meeting from PBX/other phone, I believe, refers to the option where the Skype bridge meeting dials out to a number of your choice (when you don't wish to join using the Skype client).

The reason I am questioning this is that in the Hewlett Packard Skype sizing tool it explicitly states that Enterprise Voice (Plus CAL) is required for dial-in conferencing. If this is the case, I'm sure there are many implementations where this has been misunderstood and under licensed.

Mark Craddock

Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Thanks Alice,

Similar to my response to the other proposed answer above, the statement says "dial-in conferencing on mobile phones". 

I believe this refers to functionality of the Skype mobile client.

I don't believe it means the ability to allow external users to dial into a meeting from the PSTN. 

Again, the reason I focus in on this is because within the HP sizing tool it explicitly states an Enterprise Voice (Plus CAL) is needed to achieve this. 

If this is true, I believe many people have misinterpreted this.

Mark Craddock

Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:06 AM
  • i don't understand you:)

On your screenshot it is written: "This Feature requires Enterprise Voice to be enabled".

Why are you writing "HP sizing tool it explicitly states an Enterprise Voice (Plus CAL) is needed to achieve this".

There is not a single word about Plus CAL.

And again, Shankar.Paulraj has already answered with "official MS site" :

https://products.office.com/en-us/skype-for-business/it-pros?legRedir=true&CorrelationId=b5c6adcf-0fb6-4181-9aa1-4368bcd2535e

Enterprise CALs enable scheduled and impromptu meetings with audio and video calling, desktop and application sharing, and dial-in conferencing on mobile phones, tablets, PC and Mac. The Standard CAL is a prerequisite for Enterprise CAL.

MCSAnykey

Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

"Enterprise Voice" requires/is "Plus CAL" isn't it?

What else would the statement "This feature requires Enterprise Voice to be enabled" be referring to?

Also, the wording within the link provided by Shankar is;

"..., and dial-in conferencing on mobile phones" - Why does it state mobile phones?  So I can't use a normal phone? Doesn't make sense. 

Mark

Mark Craddock

Thursday, April 6, 2017 10:23 AM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 10:58 AM
  • Hi Mark_Craddock,

Thanks for your response.

Please refer to

The following article is also for your reference
    https://msunified.net/2013/12/20/dial-in-conferencing-in-lync-now-just-requires-enterpreise-cal/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:46 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:03 AM