Problem with genuine Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo.

I have one problem and I really don't know how to solve it so I need your help.

I have Vista Home premium, which I got when bought a notebook more than two and a half years ago. That Vista was genuine for all that time (Vista is OEM), and I could update windows without problems. About ten days ago I got black screen with message "Your copy of windows is not genuine" in lower right corner for first time. After restart message disappear. After that everything was OK for two days when I got black screen instead background with message "Activation was successful" (?) and the same message in the corner. After restart everything was OK, and after that that appear few times. Also when I try to update windows, sometimes (three times) I got the message "You may be victim of counterfeiting" otherwise I got message that windows is up to date, and I know it isn't. Only on september, 08 I updated windows with success (I don't now how). After that I couldn't anymore.

Now funny things about problems. 

- In Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System -> Windows activation it says Windows is activated with key which is on the sticker, on laptop back.

- I did a validation on MS site and it says that windows is genuine.

- I checked status with MGADiag and I also can see that windows is genuine.

- This happens from time to time, not always but I can't answer why.

- I checked computer with many apps but computer is virus, malware, spyware free.

Question is - Why this happens and how can I solve this problem, when apparently windows is genuine, and it works for more than two and a half years with same key which is now.

I'm really sorry about my english, but it is not my native language.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Steps:1

Try to perform phone Activation .

start--->type slui 4 in start search and perform phone Actication.

Note: If it fails go to next step.

Step:2

Try to select "Different product key " and enter the same product key at your back of your computer.

Start---->right computer----->properties---->change the product key.

Steps:3

Try to delete tokens.dat from the location by stopping software liciencing service.

Thanks .
    D Peters.
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:04 AM

All replies

• Is this problem still happening?
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:20 PM
  • exactly the same thing has happened to me oem software and it says its not genuine i contacted hp the makers of the pc and they sent new os and it does the same thing and to add to this theres no one at home at microsoft to contact and resolve this , the origianal sticker on the bottom of the lappy has worn and is unreadable and its not accepting the key code i sourced from a key finder i hope someone from microsoft reads this and contacts me as this is not good that genuine customers are being penalised cos theres a glitch in vista i even validated it as genuine and it still shuts to reduced functionality.

mark                 frampton.mark@yahoo.co.uk

Saturday, October 31, 2009 12:38 AM
  • Hi ,

Steps:1

Try to perform phone Activation .

start--->type slui 4 in start search and perform phone Actication.

Step:2

Try to select "Different product key " and enter the same product key at your back of your computer.

Start---->right computer----->properties---->change the product key.

Steps:3

Try to delete tokens.dat from the location by stopping software liciencing service.

Thanks .
    D Peters.
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 2:04 AM
  • Hi guys , 
    I have a genuine OEM  vista. I have been using it for 2 years. Now it asks for windows activation. It says the product key is invalid.I have used windows genuine advantage tool as well. It also says , the vista is genuine. What to do .I am not able to open my system , unable to perform any work.Kindly help
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 3:17 AM