Loss of Drill down in Analytical Grid after modifying MDX. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am working in Performance Point Server 2007.After building a report if I modify the MDX query than the drill down is lost.

Is there any way to regain the drill down.If required I will share the query.

Please respond.

Regards,

Debasish

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:46 AM

Answers

• Hello Debasishp,

Once a Analytic Grid or Chart uses custom MDX then it loses the ability to drill down. This happens when a grid or chart is created from scratch using MDX or when the MDX of an existing report is modified. Once a report is considered to have custom MDX then the drill down feature can no longer be used.

Thanks,

Jon Thomas

Friday, August 1, 2008 5:42 PM

All replies

• Hello Debasishp,

Once a Analytic Grid or Chart uses custom MDX then it loses the ability to drill down. This happens when a grid or chart is created from scratch using MDX or when the MDX of an existing report is modified. Once a report is considered to have custom MDX then the drill down feature can no longer be used.

Thanks,

Jon Thomas

Friday, August 1, 2008 5:42 PM
  • Hi Jon,

Thanks agian for your reply.

I am having a MDX query which has some input parameters in it.This query is for building a analytical grid.Is it possible to move the parameterized MDX query to the cube.

Thanks,

Debasish

Monday, August 4, 2008 4:19 AM
  •  Debasishp wrote:

Hi Jon,

Thanks agian for your reply.

I am having a MDX query which has some input parameters in it.This query is for building a analytical grid.Is it possible to move the parameterized MDX query to the cube.

Thanks,

Debasish

Please reply its urgent. I have an MDX query which has few parameters in its WHERE clause I need to do move the WHERE clause to the cube. Is it possible. Is it possible to create named sets,MEMBERS in the cube and than refer the same in the MDX query.Please reply.

Monday, August 4, 2008 5:46 PM