none
Disable Project Link on Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Project Server 2010. In Project Web APP, if a user clicks on Project Center, a list of all the projects are displayed. The list of projects are clickable that takes the user to Project Schedule Page in PWA. I need to disable the link from the Projects so no nobody can goto the Project Schedule Page upon clicking on Projects in Project Center.

Need help as PWA can not be customized in SPD as well.

Thanks.

_________ Fahad Ahmed Khan .NET Articles, Web Development, SharePoint and Project Server Custom Solution Provider

Monday, September 7, 2015 11:25 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm not sure how easily you an do that - diable that as a clickable link that it. Is it just the schedule PDP you don't want people to access? If that is the case just remove the schedule PDP from the Enterprise Project Types. This is done in PWA > Server Settings > Enterprise Project Types. Edit each one and remove the Schedule PDP from the PDP option.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, September 7, 2015 12:23 PM
  • And of course Project Server 2010 uses the Project Server Permissions mode, so you could change the permissions.  Check the View "Project Schedule in Project Web App" permission and disable it.  For more info please click here

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Monday, September 7, 2015 8:19 PM
  • Hello,

this is a difficult to disable the project center, the simple way to create the categories,groups and security templates for those user that you want to can't open the projects,

or

remove the Schedule page form PDP

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:41 PM
  • Thanks all for your replies, but in my scenario the only option i hav eit to disable the link, restricting User will not work. Is there any JQUERY i can use to that will disable the call to project page?

_________ Fahad Ahmed Khan .NET Articles, Web Development, SharePoint and Project Server Custom Solution Provider

Friday, September 11, 2015 4:32 AM
  • BTW - Clicking on the project doesn't necessarily take you to the schedule PDP.

As previous posters have mentioned - the only reliable option to prevent web-based schedule manipulation without altering security is to remove the Schedule PDP from the Enterprise Project Type configuration screen, or remove it from the workflow stage configuration if you have demand management workflows deployed

Cheers,

James.

James Boman BSc. MCP:EAD -

• Edited by James Boman Monday, September 14, 2015 5:00 AM
    Monday, September 14, 2015 5:00 AM