none
No data appears on restored site

    Question

  • Hi,

    I have sharePoint 2013 with version 15.0.4551.1001.

    I tried to restore a content database on a new DB in SQL server and was getting error "DB in use" so I used below query to restore the content database

    CREATE DATABASE ]MYCONTENTDB;
    GO

    RESTORE DATABASE MYCONTENTDB
      FROM DISK = 'c:\temp\000000B8.bak'
      WITH REPLACE,
      MOVE 'WSS_Content' TO 'D:\MYCONTENTDB.mdf',
      MOVE 'WSS_Content_log' TO 'E:\MYCONTENTDB.ldf';

    I followed below link to mount the content newly restored content DB to a new Web application as I was receiving message.

    The attach operation cannot continue because another object in this farm already 

     contains the same ID. Each object in a farm must have a unique ID.

     In order to proceed with the attach operation you must assign a new ID to this database. 

    To attach this database with a new ID, use the Mount-SPContentDatabase command with 

     the -AssignNewDatabaseId parameter. 

    Note that if this new database and an exist ing database contain the same site collections, 

    attaching this database will likely result in orphaned site collections due to conflicts 

    between the two databases.

     

    https://strangelittletech.blogspot.com/2014/07/mount-content-database-using-powershell.html?showComment=1488968867660#c6947394805635637099

    After so much struggle I was able to restore the content Db and mount it to a web application. But the no site is restored. Can any one help me on how to restore a Content DB on the same SharePoint server

    Regards

    Sweety


    Sweety Devi Ramjunum

    Wednesday, March 08, 2017 11:53 AM

All replies

  • Do I have to remove the content database again and attach it again using Remove-SPContentDatabase?

    The procedure is to vague there. Can you please resume the steps.

    I've used powershell commands to add my content db with assign new id :

    Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell

    #Provide Content Database Name
    $DatabaseName = “mycontentdb”

    #Provide WebApplication Name
    $WebApplication = “http://myserver:port”

    #Attach content database to web application
    Mount-SPContentDatabase –Name $DatabaseName -NoB2BSiteUpgrade –WebApplication $WebApplication -AssignNewDatabaseId –Verbose

    As a result the Db is mounted but it has no site collection.


    Sweety Devi Ramjunum




    • Edited by Sweety Devi Thursday, March 09, 2017 6:41 AM
    Thursday, March 09, 2017 6:35 AM