Index was outside the bounds of the array. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running a small web farm w/ Moss 2007 and Sql 2005 and recently we found a need for a customized calendar. I set up a calendar list and customized the columns. Everything appeared to be fine. I had users input data into the lists. We're using the calendar for telling who is on call on a particular day. Now today, after no changes I get an exception error (after I turned on debugging) when trying to display the calendar view. I can view the list in other views no problem. I recreated the calendar and imported the data from one list into another and I have the exact same problem. Here is the output from the stack trace: 

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldMultiColumnValue.TryParseMultiColumnValue(String fieldValue, DelimiterType delimiterType, List`1& subColumnValues) +1105

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldUserValue.initExpandedUserFieldsFromMultiColumnValue() +139

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldUserValue.get_LookupValue() +66

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFieldUser.GetFieldValueAsText(Object value) +508

Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.CalendarSourceView.initCollection() +2343

Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.CalendarSourceView.EnsureEntries() +178

Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.CalendarSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments args) +46

System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +27

Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SPCalendarBase.CreateChildControls() +1171

System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +149

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +71

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +239

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3681

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

I examined the log files from the web front end and I see a couple of errors related to this:

4/15/2009 10:41:56.51 w3wp.exe (0x0E9C)                                  0x0B18          Windows SharePoint Services         General                                 8kh7  High               There is no Web named "/Calendars/Lists/InCharge Calendar/AllItems.aspx".        

04/15/2009 10:41:56.51            w3wp.exe (0x0E9C)                                  0x0B18          Windows SharePoint Services           General                                 8e2r   Medium        Possible mismatch between the reported error with code = 0x81070504 and message: "There is no Web named "/Calendars/Lists/InCharge Calendar/AllItems.aspx"." and the returned error with code 0x80070002.         

04/15/2009 10:41:31.84            w3wp.exe (0x0E9C)                                  0x093C          CMS                                       Publishing                             8ztg    Medium        Got List Item Version, but item was null.        

I have around 159 items in the list, it’s my understanding the only hard limit is on items in a list related to calendars is 1000/month.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:10 PM

All replies

• Was this content database migrated from any other sharepoint site or this is completely a fresh instance?
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:12 PM
  • I recently had a similar error related to a search process that was hung up. the Search Administration page in SharePoint Central Admin shows a status of 'error' and the Content Sources page blew up with the Index was outside the bounds of the array message. The Event Viewer was also reporting an error with a service account that had a registry problem during a log-off process that had consumed some memory and needed to be reset.

In short, I recycled the application pool for the SharePoint SSP and this cleared up the problem with the serach service account. The pages all came up upon the next refresh and the error status returned to a normal crawling message.

Tom
    Friday, October 2, 2009 3:37 PM
  • Verion:  SharePoint 2007

Summary of problem:I had this same problem when I was using the Calendar view.  I used an auto expand javascript to automatically expand the calendar when there were more than 3 events.  I would get the error message below if there were 8+ items per day.  I am guessing this is some kind of limit but I have not found it documented any where. 

Error Message:  Web Part appears to be causing a problem.
    Index was outside the bounds of the array.  Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings.

How I Resolved:   I changed the view so there would be fewer items and it worked.

Open:  Find out the limit that is causing the problem

Can't live without water

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:31 PM