SCSM 2012 - Multiples portals RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody:

It is possible to have multiple self-service portals of SCSM 2012 for differents customers? or How  to accomplish this goal?

Thanks in advance

Edgar

Best Regards Edgar

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:08 PM

Answers

• EDGAREF,

I am currently running 2 separate SCSM 2012 portal sites from one installation of SCSM with out any problems.  The content on both sites is the same but if needed, the title along with the look and feel of the sites can be different.  To get the second site I just installed the SharePoint web parts on a different SharePoint server but I use the same content server installation for both sites.

• Proposed as answer by D. Elliott Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by EDGAREF Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:50 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 12:55 PM

All replies

• EDGAREF,

I am currently running 2 separate SCSM 2012 portal sites from one installation of SCSM with out any problems.  The content on both sites is the same but if needed, the title along with the look and feel of the sites can be different.  To get the second site I just installed the SharePoint web parts on a different SharePoint server but I use the same content server installation for both sites.

• Proposed as answer by D. Elliott Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by EDGAREF Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:50 AM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 12:55 PM
  • Hi Elliott, thanks for you support, do you have any link or reference about how to do this?

Many thanks

Edgar

Best Regards Edgar

Monday, March 5, 2012 10:09 PM
  • Edgar,

I just tried to install the SharePoint Web Parts on a second SharePoint server and it worked, I didn't find any site or documentation describing how to do it and I don't know if it an officially supported configuration to have multiple versions of the SharePoint web parts installed.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 1:40 PM
  • Hi All

I know this is a post from last year. But I have one question about this. I want to have a secon Portal Server to test some parts on SharePoint connected to a productive SCSM Infrastructure. Is it possible to have a complete seperated SSP on another machine conencted to the main SCSM Infrastructure? I want to touch the productive SSP Server which is already installed and running. the SharePoint DB is alsomlocated on another DB Server.

What will be happend whith the SCSM Database? is there a unique link between SCSM and the Self Service Portal which is already installed?

Many thanks

Markus

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:48 AM
  • Hey

You can install a second SSP and just connect back to the production SCSM Server/database. That way you can test your portal modifications on one server and move it to production later.

Cheers
    Marcel

SCSMfaq // Blog --> http://blog.scsmfaq.ch // Twitter --> #scsmfaq // Business --> http://www.itnetx.ch

Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:07 PM