none
New Software Center hanging on client machines RRS feed

• Question

• After completing our upgrade from SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU1 to current branch & 1602, we've deployed the new 1602 client (5.00.8355.1000) to a test collection.  We also deployed a new Client Settings deployment that switches them to the new Software Center.  On all of these clients (spanning Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 10 Enterprise 1511), Software Center hangs if we scroll the list of applications.  From that point we need to kill the Software Center task in Task Manager and go back in.  The hang is easily reproducible, not sporadic.  

On these same clients, the old Software Center does not seem to have any trouble.  

Some additional details in case they're helpful: the list of available software ranges from 10-25 or so for these clients.  The apps are deployed to the machines, not the users.  The SCCM infrastructure consists of a single primary site (1602, running Windows Server 2012 R2 and SQL 2008 R2 Standard SP3), with distribution point site system roles in each of our 10+ offices.

Any help or ideas you can provide would be appreciated.

Friday, April 15, 2016 2:17 PM

Answers

• I haven't seen any other reports of this. That's not to say that what you're seeing is invalid, just that there's probably not much help to be had here in the forums and your best bet is to open a support case with Microsoft on this as truly the only possibility IMO is a bug.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:39 PM

All replies

• I haven't seen any other reports of this. That's not to say that what you're seeing is invalid, just that there's probably not much help to be had here in the forums and your best bet is to open a support case with Microsoft on this as truly the only possibility IMO is a bug.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, April 15, 2016 3:39 PM
  • Thanks.  That's the direction we're likely going to head. Just wanted to make sure we weren't missing something first.  
    Friday, April 15, 2016 3:46 PM
  • We are experiencing the exact same problem! Did you manage to solve this issue?

Please let me know and thanks for you help!

Friday, May 13, 2016 10:42 AM