none
Displaying Sub Prjects in the Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 subprojects under a master project.  When in Project Center I click Show/Hide Subprojects, but it does not seem to do anything. 

The 3 projects are all still listed, but they do not display in a way that indicates there are 3 projects under the main one.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 5:44 PM

Answers

• JohnProjectPM --

By default, the Project Center page in PWA displays master projects, plus any project that is not a subproject that is a part of a master project.  If you select the Show/Hide Subprojects checkbox, the Project Center page will display master projects, subprojects, and projects that are not subprojects in a master project.

The Project Center page WILL NOT indicate which projects are a subproject of each master project, however.  You would need to click the name of the master project to open a Detailed Project view of the master project and its subprojects.  Does that help?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JohnProjectPM Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:35 PM

All replies

• JohnProjectPM --

By default, the Project Center page in PWA displays master projects, plus any project that is not a subproject that is a part of a master project.  If you select the Show/Hide Subprojects checkbox, the Project Center page will display master projects, subprojects, and projects that are not subprojects in a master project.

The Project Center page WILL NOT indicate which projects are a subproject of each master project, however.  You would need to click the name of the master project to open a Detailed Project view of the master project and its subprojects.  Does that help?  Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JohnProjectPM Thursday, April 12, 2018 5:33 PM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:35 PM
  • Ok, that answers that.  I thought it might display the sub-projects indented under the master project - like the same look you get opening that master project in Proj Pro.

Is there a way to 'see' that in Project Center.  Maybe some custom view?  I have some 'master' project that we consider 'programs' with subprojects under them.  I wanted to see if I could show that representation in Project Center?

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 7:25 PM
  • JohnProjectPM --

No, there is no way to create a custom view to display master projects and subprojects the way you would like to see them.  The user must actually click the name of a master project to see the subprojects.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:28 PM
  • Got it.  Thx Dale....
    Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:44 AM