Microsoft office doesn't support Arial Bold RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 

version: 14.5.8 

as far as i have tried, Word and PowerPoint always shuts down without saving my work if i apply bold to arial. Also, downloaded file from external sources when contain Arial Bold also have the same problem. When it shuts down, all my work including work open in other word/ppt windows is lost as well. 

have updated to latest version but it does not help. this happens only on my new macbook air (latest version as of nov 2015)

my previous macbook pro does not have this problem, both using same microsoft product 

Monday, November 23, 2015 6:22 AM

Answers

• Office crashes on Macs are often caused by font conflicts. Such crashes may be indicated by a line like ‘Crashed Module Name: libTrueTypeScaler.dylib’ in the crash log. Go to the Applications folder and run the FontBook app (located in Applications/Utilities folder) to resolve any duplicates. FontBook Help can guide you through the process. If you do find any duplicates you must restart your system after resolving them. If font-related problems persist, you may have a damaged font file – FontBook won’t tell you if a font file is damaged. Since your problem concerns Arial Bold, in particular, try uninstalling, then reinstalling that font. For the details, see: http://osxdaily.com/2011/10/03/installing-removing-fonts-in-mac-os-x/.

PS: Don't simply reinstall a copy of the damaged font.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, November 27, 2015 10:34 AM

All replies