none
Calendar data can be viewed on Outlook.com, but no longer syncs to Outlook 2013

Question

• In December I successfully got Outlook.com to sync with Outlook 2013 calendar on my pc using the guide provided by Diana Poremsky. Sometime in January I noticed that Outlook.com was no longer syncing with my pc. This week I decided to try and reestablish syncing. I have been somewhat successful. I can now view my Outlook 2013 calendar on Outlook.com, but I cannot get the calendar (with appointments) on my pc anymore. I’m not sure what to try next. Any suggestions to fix the desktop calendar would be appreciated.

Sunday, March 12, 2017 3:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Jimmy,

What's the connection type used for Outlook.com account in Outlook 2013?

Please try to use the Auto Account Setup to setup your Outlook.com account with Exchange connection. Then the Outlook.com account can work like the Exchange account which supports the caches for mails, Calendars and Contacts in Outlook 2013.

To do it, please create a new Outlook profile in Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add, then setup the Outlook.com account in new profile with Auto Account Setup:

Any updates in your side, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Jimmy,

What's the connection type used for Outlook.com account in Outlook 2013?

Please try to use the Auto Account Setup to setup your Outlook.com account with Exchange connection. Then the Outlook.com account can work like the Exchange account which supports the caches for mails, Calendars and Contacts in Outlook 2013.

To do it, please create a new Outlook profile in Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add, then setup the Outlook.com account in new profile with Auto Account Setup:

Any updates in your side, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 9:29 AM
  • Thank you for responding to my question. The connection type I'm using is: Exchange ActiveSync for Outlook.com in Outlook. I'm concerned that I will delete my calendar history and upcoming appointments that can only be viewed on Outlook.com right now.

I'm trying to get Outlook to show my calendar history and upcoming appointments on my desktop. In the past I managed the calendar from Outlook on my desktop. Will creating another account as you suggest preserve the calendar data on Outlook.com? 

Monday, March 13, 2017 4:07 PM
  • Cancel my last message. I followed your instructions and my calnedar is back in Outlook. Thank you.
    Monday, March 13, 2017 4:32 PM
  • Cancel my last message. I followed your instructions and my calnedar is back in Outlook. Thank you.

You are welcome. Glad that it worked.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:38 AM