Exchange 2007 - Multiple Domains on Single Exchange Server

Question

• Hey Guys,

If someone could provide some help on the following matter it'd be greatly appreciated.

I basically, have the following kind of setup:

Domains: test.com and test2.com (with test.com set as the primary email address)

Mail is being received fine, however the issue that I'm having is that if i send an email to user@test2.com, when the user receives the mail, it says that it was sent to: user@test.com - therefore when the user responds, they respond using an incorrect "from" address.

If anyone has any kind of information on this, it'd be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Raky.
    Monday, May 19, 2008 6:14 AM

All replies

• This appears normal.

If you want to be able to email from both alias's I would setup another user account in AD.  Then assign the 2nd user to test2.com alias.  

Setup send on behalf rights for this user for yourself if you would like to mail from test2.com & just setup the test2.com mailbox as a separate mailbox on your left hand side of outlook to view mail coming into this box.

As if you send email to test2.com and reply it is going to come from the primary alias regardless of what alias they have sent to.

Hope this helps

Luke

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:05 AM
  •  

We are also having this issue is there any way without third party software.  I would hate to have to find a different email server or assign multiple email boxes and have a user with 7 different mail boxes.  We currently run 7 domains, only 3 that would have address the rest are TLD registrations such as the .net and .org to match the primary address.  So, i guess i would have three mail boxes per person but its going to make calendar and invites a nightmare.  If exchange allows you to set multiple smtp accounts in the AD I can't think of a good reason why the don't allow you to use those as outgoing addresses.
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:40 PM
  • Raky,

Please go through the below site and let me know if you have any issue.

http://www.petri.co.il/change_primary_email_address_in_exchange_2007.htm

Have a good day, Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP-EMA|
    Sunday, November 01, 2009 5:59 AM