usb issues still with vista RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

As you can use the mouse in front USB port, and the motherboard USB port cannot work. The issue should be a hardware issue on motherboard USB port.

Given the situation, I suggest you contact computer manufacturer to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Monday, October 6, 2008 9:36 AM

All replies

•  shaybabyy. wrote:

any body have any ideas?

I am having this same issue. nothing on the forums helped.. not copying the file and putting it into the windows/inf folder, not changing the path on "regedit" local machine/software/windows/currentversion/ DEVICE PATH ... nothing works.. my MOUSE mx revolution , is still not able to work. i have to navigate using my keyboard.. what a pain this is. My computer wont find the software i dont know what else to do.

I cant re install the windows OS i have too much on here. Any help? This all happened.. because one morning recently my computer over heated and i turned it on and it turned off and did so every 20 seconds .. and i think something happened in that time frame that messed up my computer.

please respond with ideas at aimezxomoi@aim.com

thank you.

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:21 AM
  •  shaybabyy. wrote:

any body have any ideas?

Is this supposed to be a continuation of another thread? 

Going off of your second post:  from the sounds of it (with the troubleshooting-over-the-internet ears), it sounds like, possibly, your mobo might have taken damage from chronic overheating.
    Have you tried another mouse?  Do other USB devices work properly or not?

Monday, July 14, 2008 2:21 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I suggest you take an In-place Upgrade Installation to troubleshoot your problem.

In-place Upgrade Installation

===============================

Technically, you won’t lose any data to take an In-place Upgrade Installation. In order to avoid any unexpected problem. I suggest you backup your data before taking In-place Upgrade Installation. Thank you for your cooperation.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows Vista DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears.

Click Install now.

If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, click Run, type Drive:\setup.exe, and then click OK.

Note Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows Vista.

In addition, it is recommended to contact your computer manufacturer to check whether there is a hardware problem with the USB port. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hope it helps.

Friday, July 18, 2008 6:09 AM
  •  

will the upgrade option. REINSTALL vista?

and make my old OS a file on the computer?

cause i did that last year for something serious that happened,

but this i know is solve-able.

And i jsut need to know if this will reinstall it and erase what i have?

as well as settings and everything.

Friday, July 25, 2008 2:22 AM
  •  

Hi,

In-place Upgrade Installation means you can install Windows Vista and retain your applications, files, and settings as they were in your previous edition of Windows.

For more information:

Get Windows Vista: Upgrade options

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/upgrade-your-pc-options.aspx

In addition, you also can refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341

if you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

Friday, July 25, 2008 7:43 AM
  •  

unfortunetly, the cd didnt give me the option to upgrade, only make a new copy of vista.

and i bought a vista ultimate cd as well.

and also very sadly i had to reinstall windows entirely anyway, nothing solved this issue,

i used other mice, i tried everything, the usb ports in the motherboard wouldnt work for the mouse only,

they still only work for the keyboard, but the message saying "usb detected" and "cannot install this device"

is thankfully gone.

to the  other guy, no this is a continuation of another thread, this is an entirely new thread, mine. of wich my problem never was solved.

Monday, September 29, 2008 7:24 PM
  • Go in to your BIOS, and make sure that "legacy USB support" is enabled.  Some motherboards have separate selections for keyboard and mouse; most, though, have it as a single global (KB + mouse) setting.
    Even money says that legacy USB mouse support is disabled in there.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 11:21 PM
  •  cuppie wrote:

Go in to your BIOS, and make sure that "legacy USB support" is enabled.  Some motherboards have separate selections for keyboard and mouse; most, though, have it as a single global (KB + mouse) setting.
    Even money says that legacy USB mouse support is disabled in there.

how do i get into BIOS?

Friday, October 3, 2008 5:04 PM
  •  

ok well i did that i went to bios and advanced, usb, all three usb things are enabled.

i dont think that was the problem. + i still cant use my mouse in motherboard usb port. it wont detect it no matter what.

so i still use it in the front  -_-

Friday, October 3, 2008 5:11 PM
  • Hi,

As you can use the mouse in front USB port, and the motherboard USB port cannot work. The issue should be a hardware issue on motherboard USB port.

Given the situation, I suggest you contact computer manufacturer to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Monday, October 6, 2008 9:36 AM