none
Queue Settings - can these be set for project online RRS feed

• Question

• A feature often used with project server is to retain queue history for longer than default by changing clean-up history settings under manage queue settings.  Is this option available with Project Online?

Thanks

Mike Mahoney

Friday, November 14, 2014 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

You can view your queued job in Project Online but you cannot configure the queue settings.

Here is the post from Brian Smith:

"The queue is something you can view your jobs for – but not something you can choose to change control settings for"

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, November 14, 2014 3:12 PM
  • This means the Job History filter on Manage Queue pages serves no purpose with Project Online. I had not noticed this change in any of the Project Server documentation.

rgds

Mike Mahoney

Saturday, November 15, 2014 8:45 PM
  • Hi Mike,

You still have the "manage queue jobs" page in the server settings which (as in the previous versions) allows you seeing and filtering jobs along various parameters (type, state, columns, history...).

Hope this helps,

Saturday, November 15, 2014 9:06 PM
  • Hi Guillaume

I understand the Manage Queue page, however the on premise queue settings default for retaining successful jobs is 24 hours and for failed jobs is 1 week. I normally change these for new users so that I can look back at least one month to see both the level of activity and the range of problems which have been occurring.

I presume  these are also the de facto settings for the online project server (but it would be nice if someone confirmed this), which makes the job history filter on the Manage Queue page of limited value.

rgds

Mike Mahoney

Saturday, November 15, 2014 9:19 PM
  • I understand your point Mike and I do agree with you! Hopefully we'll have a way to configure the queue settings in a next Project Online update.

Hope this helps,

Saturday, November 15, 2014 9:26 PM