0x8DE00005, 0x8004102A, 0x80040126 with outlook 2010 and windows 10; nothing changed cept this sequence of errors started showing up....Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, when attempting to send/receive email the error messages below started showing up 3-days ago; upgraded to windows 10 a couple of weeks ago, if related.   When i logged on to hotmail to see if the account's folders were the same, the hot mail account is missing the following folders: junk-email, outbox, rss feeds, search folders (these are in the outlook setup); the other folders are are the same.  

the 'work off line' box has an 'x' in it and cannot be switched.  When looking 'control panel' mail to tweak 'cache', there isnt such a toggle capability. 

Help.

Error messages are:

Task 'xxxx@msn.com' reported error (0x8DE00005) : 'There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your account is configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.  Error: 3219. Server. An error occured in looking up the user's information in mserv. '
    Task 'xxxxx@msn.com' reported error (0x8004102A) : 'Error with Send/Receive.  There was an error synchronizing your folder hierarchy. Error : 80041004.'
    Task 'xxxxx@msn.com - Sending' reported error (0x80040126) : 'The operation cannot be performed because the connection to the server is offline.'

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft is migrating Outlook.com to Office 365 Exchange Online. Once their account is moved, the Outlook Connector will stop working and you could get above send/receive errors.

To fix the issue, you'll need to remove the account from Outlook and add it back to your profile as an Exchange account. Auto-account setup will correctly configure it. See:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlookcom/outlook-com-migration-status/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:04 AM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 8:54 AM
  • This sucks. No notification, just some time Saturday the error started happening and we are left to google to find links like this. How can a company updating their email infrastructure fail to email clients about an upgrade to their email infrastructure that affects email users?

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 4:30 AM
  • Hi,

i was just wondering if removing the account will mean I lose all the data (emails) that is in my outlook for that account?

With my other accounts, there are .pst files that I can copy to make backups. with the accounts that have been moved, the data file, shows "not available" if the account gets removed, how do I keep access to / backup everything that is currently associated with the account. 

Thanks

Friday, September 2, 2016 1:49 PM