none
Can' able to change my proxy settings in Internet Options RRS feed

• Question

• Few days ago my LAN proxy settings in Internet Options>Connection tab changed and I can't able to revert the changes. It set to

HTTP: 127.0.0.1:8080

Secure: 127.0.0.1:8080

A message at the bottom displays "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am the only user of my PC.

I am using windows 8.1 having Internet explorer 11. I had tried all the methods to make it work correctly but not succeeded, please help me to solve this problem I can't able to connect any of the tiles apps and my internet speed also slows down. I checked out for any miscellaneous program that may got installed on my PC but didn't find any one, all are from trusted vendors.

Saturday, January 3, 2015 6:54 AM

Answers

• Yes, I had reset IE but nothing happens. I also tried to run it as an administrator and settings saved at that time but reverted to its previous state when I restart my laptop. But, when I thought to give a try from regedit I saw unwanted registry entries in 'HKEY_Local Machine>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Internet Setting' and it shows something like above prescribed proxy value and there proxyenable key was set to 1 so, I deleted those and set proxyenable value to 0 the it worked perfectly.
    Friday, January 16, 2015 1:38 PM

All replies

• Hello rngvivek,

Do you mean that the proxy setting in the Internet Option is automatically changed and then when you try to revert the setting, the error message ‘Some settings are managed by your system administrator’ shows up?

Please explain a bit about the following question for better analyzation:
    1. Have you made any change before this issue?
    2. Is this computer domain-joined?
    3. Can you still visit the website and use other app to connect to the Internet?

Please take the following steps for troubleshooting:
    1. Check if we can disable the proxy setting in the Internet Option
    2. Refer to the following KB to reset Internet Explorer.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 5, 2015 8:05 AM
  • Yes, proxy server reverted to its previous state and a message shows 'Some settings are managed by your system administrator'. I am the only user of my PC. Desktop apps are connecting to internet but start menu tiles apps are can't able to connect.
    Monday, January 12, 2015 10:04 AM
  • Hello rngvivek,

Have you tried to reset Internet Explorer??
    Do you mean that after the reset, the proxy reverted to its previous state? Please share us a screenshot about the proxy setting.

Based on my test, if I manually set the proxy like 127.0.0.1:8080 in Internet Explorer, the metro apps like News can’t access the Internet.

Please double-check if the computer is domain-based.

Please try to right click the Internet Explorer and run as administrator and then change the proxy setting and check if the issue still exists.

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, January 16, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Yes, I had reset IE but nothing happens. I also tried to run it as an administrator and settings saved at that time but reverted to its previous state when I restart my laptop. But, when I thought to give a try from regedit I saw unwanted registry entries in 'HKEY_Local Machine>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Internet Setting' and it shows something like above prescribed proxy value and there proxyenable key was set to 1 so, I deleted those and set proxyenable value to 0 the it worked perfectly.
    Friday, January 16, 2015 1:38 PM