none
DPM 2010 Manual Full Backup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created a protection group with the following backup policies.

Short Term

1 - Weekly Full Daily Incremental. (Tape)

Long Term

2 - Monthly Full (Tape)

The monthly backup is not triggering at all, i would like to know if there is an option to run the full backup manually on the protection group level and specify a specific tapes for it and store the tapes offsite after the backup is completed.

Regards,

Maqsood 

Sr. Systems Engineer 

CNS Dubai

Monday, April 4, 2011 9:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Maqsood,

i think you just can right click the protection group and choose "create a recovery point". not sure on the tape selection, i think DPM just selcts a free tape from the changer and goes from there.

regards,

Alex Smits

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Maqsood,

i think you just can right click the protection group and choose "create a recovery point". not sure on the tape selection, i think DPM just selcts a free tape from the changer and goes from there.

regards,

Alex Smits

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

If you scheduled the monthly backup within 48 hours of date the backup should run, it won't get scheduled until the following month.

What Alex suggested below should work.

closing post.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, May 28, 2011 9:18 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem trying manully backup a protection group to tape. There is no "create a recovery point" when I right click on the protection group.

I can choose individual items and backup but they will go to separated tapes. I think this post was closed too soon.

kevin

Monday, June 6, 2011 5:12 PM
  • Hi,

If you hold the Ctrl key when you select multiple data sources under the PG and select to create RP to tape, they will all go on the same tape.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, June 6, 2011 5:26 PM
  • Hi,

If you hold the Ctrl key when you select multiple data sources under the PG and select to create RP to tape, they will all go on the same tape.

That does work but there has to be a better way. If you have 200 items to select, that get's old fast.
    Jason, MCP Comptool Solutions LLC
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:02 PM
  • Thanks everyone for your replies.

I problem was with the tape library.

the library which i was using had just a single drive where as in my backup scenario it requires two tape drives.

Short Term Backup : DPM writes backup date directly to tape.

Long Term backup : DPM copies the data from short term backup.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:06 PM