WSUS Issues in SCCM 2012 environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks

I have a WSUS server running in a secure environment. Because i have no access to the internet from this server i use an upstream server for my update source. We have used another WSUS server as our upstream box for a while without issue but our company has now gone to SCCM 2012 and i so i am now using this as my update source. This works well with synchronisations working without issue.

My problem is that within the wsus console the computers are showing with updates available but when i go to the computer and run windows update it states no updates are available. also looking in the windowsUpdate logs it states 0 updates found!!

I thought this was because i was using a w2008R2 wsus server so i have built another wsus server based on w2012r2 and this has exactly the same results. if i point the server back to use my other wsus server as an upstream server it all works and updates are available on the computers.

Has anybody else had this issue and more importantly is there a fix? i dont want to use sccm for updates direct so i need to get this working.

my computers looking for updates are all w2008r2. my wsus server is w2008r2 and i also have a w2012r2 wsus server for testing. the sccm 2012 server is based on w2012r2 box all are x64

thanks

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 4:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>My problem is that within the wsus console the computers are showing with updates available but when i go to the computer and run windows update it states no updates are available.

Please make sure that the Update is approved for the specific group and the client are in the correct group.

Beside, please check if the update file has been downloaded on the WSUS server. The update will be available until it has been downloaded.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 6, 2015 3:07 PM