Fast Search Crawled Property for Share Point Server Field RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I created custom site column called "CoAuthor" (SharePoint User Field) and Fast Search crawl it. Then, I create managed property for "ows_CoAuthor" crawl property which only contain user full name. but I want to display profile photo, full name and link to profile page for this CoAuthor field in search result. In order to achieve it,  "Login Account Name" is required.

How can i get "Login Account Name" for this "CoAuthor" field in crawled property ? If i change "Show field" to "Account", Search result return "account name" in this property but this column is displayed in "Account Name" at Document Library which is not user friendly.

Really appreciated if anyone can advise on how to achieve the requirement.

Thanks in advance.

kmhsad
    • Moved by Wayne Fan Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:06 AM FAST Search (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:25 PM

Answers

• there is another way of work around. You can create some readonly field which keeps the alias name(kind of hidden field). You can populate this alias name through event handler. then crawl the sharepoint content . now you get both the displayname and alias name in the crawled property.

this doesnt need xslt expertise and pipeline extensibility expertise.

Sriram S
    • Proposed as answer by Sriram Sundarasan Tuesday, December 20, 2011 12:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by kmhsad Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:41 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:07 AM
  • Hi kmhsad,

I see two possible ways of doing this.

First one is to modify the xslt. Then use the name you have gathered and create an xslt callback method which resolves the user and generates the links you need for profile page and photo. (I won't go into the technical details on how to do this, but you can create .Net callbacks in xslt for all ASP.Net applications).

The second approach would be to create a custom extensibility stage in the content processing pipeline which does the same thing, but outputs the values to custom crawled properties which you again map to managed properties to use in your search results.

Hope this helps you on your way!

Regards,
    Mikael Svenson 

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/WCF4/ASP.Net4
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi kmhsad,

I see two possible ways of doing this.

First one is to modify the xslt. Then use the name you have gathered and create an xslt callback method which resolves the user and generates the links you need for profile page and photo. (I won't go into the technical details on how to do this, but you can create .Net callbacks in xslt for all ASP.Net applications).

The second approach would be to create a custom extensibility stage in the content processing pipeline which does the same thing, but outputs the values to custom crawled properties which you again map to managed properties to use in your search results.

Hope this helps you on your way!

Regards,
    Mikael Svenson 

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 9:43 AM
  • there is another way of work around. You can create some readonly field which keeps the alias name(kind of hidden field). You can populate this alias name through event handler. then crawl the sharepoint content . now you get both the displayname and alias name in the crawled property.

this doesnt need xslt expertise and pipeline extensibility expertise.

Sriram S
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:07 AM
  • Nice one Sriram :)

It's all a matter of where do you want to put your custom code, and fits well with "everything in SharePoint can be accomplished in at least three different ways"

-m

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:41 AM