Does someone know a way how I could find what applications are using Java? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are considering of not using Java in our environment due to many exploits, but how can we tell what applications will be affected if we remove Java?

All our computers have Java installed but it does not necessarily means that all of them uses Java.

Could someone think of a way how I can achieve this kind of inventory?

Thanks!

Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:43 PM

Answers

• Thanks Rick.  I looked at Java site or Oracle but couldn't find the answer to this.  After further research, the best way is to test it among your users.  There is no script available out there that would detect whether a user is using sites with java or not.
    • Marked as answer by DoBongSoon Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:14 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:14 PM

All replies

• I would recommend you contact Oracle about your question.  Oracle may have some ideas on how to detect the usage of their product.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Hi,

It really depends on the applications, before you install some kind of programs, you need get to know what’s the prerequisite.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:31 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by DoBongSoon Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:13 PM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 3:01 AM
  • Thanks Rick.  I looked at Java site or Oracle but couldn't find the answer to this.  After further research, the best way is to test it among your users.  There is no script available out there that would detect whether a user is using sites with java or not.
    • Marked as answer by DoBongSoon Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:14 PM
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:14 PM