Why do posts get deleted? RRS feed

• Question

• I posted yesterday and now it's gone.
    What's wrong with the following that get's it removed?

1. If I have notepad open and I right click on it on the taskbar I can no longer hit the "c" key to close the window, now I have to move my mouse and click on more stuff.
    2. You can no longer navigate to folders in explorer with your arrow keys and have their contents show up.  Now you have to navigate and select enter or click on them... More Mouse = Less Power
    3. Now if I select a file and hit Alt-F M, the rename selection is only for the file, not the extension
    4. Try to rename a shortcut on the start-menu.  Now you have to navigate to dialogs and tabs.
    5. Try to pin a process to the start menu, customize its command line and rename the shortcut.  Now try to do that same process again with a different command line... good luck
    6. Pin something to your start-menu, right click on it say properties > general > location results with something like C:\Users\userx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu  Are you kidding me?? "Roaming..?  Internet Explorer..?"  What does IE have to do with shortcuts on my start menu and why are they roaming?  What genius!
    7. Try to understand how to customize you start-menu, give up, search for all instances of start menu on your disc, there are lots, given that ms doesn't even show you all of them and 1/2 of them are inaccessible anyway
    8. I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW DUMB THIS STUFF IS.
    I love the loss of functionality.  It's always more bloat and more complexity.  "It's gonna be easier than my last OS... Trust Me"  Sorry... I don't trust you, the proof is in the pudding and you get worse every time.
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:30 PM

All replies

• That post was "Off-topic" from the OP (you were talking about win7 annoyances, OP was talking about how to pin stuff to taskbar), moderators will delete off-topic posts at will.

Sounds like you have a win7 comment, please post in this thread, mods don't usually delete win7 comments in there : Have Comments about Windows 7 thread
    - JoelbX
    JoelbX's favorite threads | Space | ----- | Email me | 'Gadget' programs
    • Edited by JoelbX Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:13 AM edit signature :)
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:03 PM

• What are you talking about, Joel?  That was the OP:

Activities 

ms is a pain has asked a question Win 7 shell dumbness in the Windows 7 User Interface forum.
    20 hours and 16 minutes ago.
    Welcome ms is a pain!
    22 hours and 46 minutes ago.

Ah, if you look in the thread list, you will find this thread w/ 2 deleted posts: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/c50707a1-7dd8-4d84-89a6-8b6e127252e3 and the other thread in the list is this one.

Anyways with how the OP here is worded, I can see why it got deleted...

- JoelbX
    • Edited by JoelbX Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:13 AM edit signature :)
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:20 PM
  • Ah yes, that's the spirit.  You are ready.  I predict you'll go far at Microsoft Corp. 
    Hmm, sounds like fun, maybe I could add in all the features discussed in those comment threads....

- JoelbX
    • Edited by JoelbX Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:14 AM edit signature :)
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:31 PM
  • Yeah, tell me when that version comes out.  Maybe I'll pay for it
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:39 PM
  • Hmm, it will probably be called JoelbX-untu

- JoelbX
    • Edited by JoelbX Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:14 AM edit signature :)
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:43 PM
  • There are those who would say your resistance to change is your undoing.  Don't ask about missing the Classic Start Menu, for example, or you could be labeled a dinosaur.  Been there, been called that.

I find change for the sake of change itself, without heeding the Good Things done in the past, frustrating - as you apparently do also, Mr. pain.  Apparently someone at Microsoft thinks that some stuff has to be removed to make room for more stuff.  Hard to imagine that's necessary, given that computers are getting bigger and faster at an alarming rate, and so is the software, but maybe the code has evolved to be too complex for mere humans to deal with, and so they've had to start over.

Just a suggestion:  You might try being polite and helpful.  Chances are it will net you more results.

-Noel

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:51 PM