Package sizes - is SCE really this FUBARed...? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Task: install PowerShell v2 CTP3 on all 32-bit machine.
    Installer type: MSI
    Installer size: under 7MB

SCE-created package size (predicted): 423.5MB...

<picking up jaw>

Seriously: is SCE this badly FUBARed?
    • Changed type Eric Zhang CHN Tuesday, March 3, 2009 9:53 AM no response
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:23 PM

All replies

• I forgot: it never finishes so it's kinda moot question anyway...

Date: 2/12/2009 4:38:11 PM
    Application: System Center Essentials
    Application Version: 6.0.1885.0
    Severity: Error
    Message: Verification of file signature failed for file: \\***\UpdateServicesPackages\74cd60bc-a728-42cf-84eb-b280cf60b2e8\9984804e-8dca-4c4f-b107-9b803eb58b06_1.cab

System.InvalidOperationException: Verification of file signature failed for file: \\***\UpdateServicesPackages\74cd60bc-a728-42cf-84eb-b280cf60b2e8\9984804e-8dca-4c4f-b107-9b803eb58b06_1.cab
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Publisher.VerifyAndPublishPackage()
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Publisher.PublishPackage(String sourcePath, String additionalSourcePath, String packageDirectoryName)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Publisher.PublishPackage(String sourcePath, String packageDirectoryName)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SCE.Internal.UI.NewUpdatePackageWizard.PreparingPackagePage.PreparePackageBackgroundWorkerDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:45 PM
  • I'm going to guess that you did not uncheck the box for "Include all files and sub-folders in this location." when building your package.
    HTH,
    Tim
    Tim Vander Kooi
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:07 PM
  • Tim Vander Kooi said:

I'm going to guess that you did not uncheck the box for "Include all files and sub-folders in this location." when building your package.
    HTH,
    Tim

Tim Vander Kooi

I don't know - however there are no "files and sub-folders in this location" unless some semiliterate MS app designer meant something other than the place I'm loading the file from...
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:27 PM
  • There are no other folders or files (including hidden system files) in the same directory as the msi you are packaging?
    I just downloaded the PowerShell CTP x86 msi and it was a 3.8MB file, which packaged seamlessly with SCE into a 2.9MB package. There appears to be something amiss with your setup as opposed to being wrong with SCE.
    If you would kindly refrain from making distasteful and uncalled for comments it would be greatly appreciated also.
    Thanks,
    Tim
    Tim Vander Kooi
    Friday, February 13, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Hi,
    If you open the \\***\UpdateServicesPackages\74cd60bc-a728-42cf-84eb-b280cf60b2e8\ directory what do you see? This is the files SCE did detect in the directory you specifyed during the wizard.

Björn Axéll MVP - Advisec AB
    http://blog.advisec.com
    Monday, February 16, 2009 8:13 PM
  •  

As this thread has been quiet for a while we will be changing the issue type to ‘Comment’.

If you wish to return to this question you can go ahead and change the type back to ‘Question’. Then you can edit your initial post and change the radio button at the top of the post editor window.

If the issue has been resolved, we’d love to hear your solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 9:52 AM