windows vista ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello  I wonder if anyone can help  i cannot activate my new edition of windows vista ultimate...i have the key code that was right on my box from where i bought this product butcant seem to continue with activation.  Where i am on the activation window, i cant scroll down to the word next...it is not possible to scroll down any further  can anyone help? i have been on the phone for like 3 hours now trying to get this activated and i am going crazy...sorry just am nervous....sincerely maureen
    Monday, February 26, 2007 3:52 PM

Answers

• It seems you've some issue with UI of Activation program. If you have the Windows Aero enabled, try to disable it and give it a try. If it's off by default or problem still exist, use Windows classic interface.

Good luck

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:23 PM

All replies

• If the OS was preinstalled from an OEM like HP, Dell, Gatewate etc... it should not require activation. But if the OS is not showing as "Genuine" in the System Properties, at the bottom of the screen (shortcut key <Windows> + <pause>) and you have a valid key on the system, you may need to contact Microsoft to get the OS activated.

Monday, February 26, 2007 4:21 PM
  • It seems you've some issue with UI of Activation program. If you have the Windows Aero enabled, try to disable it and give it a try. If it's off by default or problem still exist, use Windows classic interface.

Good luck

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 7:23 PM