none
home page

Question

• is there a way to set users IE home page without preventing them from adding additional home pages?
    Thursday, May 07, 2015 2:17 PM

Answers

• Hello,

which IE version do you use?

With newer version starting with IE 10 you have to configure this settings with Group policy preferences and also GPO settings and IE versions below you can configure with Internet Explorer maintenance, not recommended and GPO settings or with Group policy preferences and GPO settings, both options are possible BUT I prefer Group policy preferences as you have to switch to them at least if you use the new IE version.

GPO name-->User Configuration-->Policies-->Administrative Templates-->Windows Components-->Internet Explorer-->Disable changing home page settings-->Enable-->Home Page: input your specified home page

Best regards

Meinolf Weber

MVP, MCP, MCTS

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

My Blog: http://blogs.msmvps.com/MWeber

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Twitter:  

• Marked as answer by jamicon Thursday, May 07, 2015 10:18 PM
    Thursday, May 07, 2015 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hello,

which IE version do you use?

With newer version starting with IE 10 you have to configure this settings with Group policy preferences and also GPO settings and IE versions below you can configure with Internet Explorer maintenance, not recommended and GPO settings or with Group policy preferences and GPO settings, both options are possible BUT I prefer Group policy preferences as you have to switch to them at least if you use the new IE version.

GPO name-->User Configuration-->Policies-->Administrative Templates-->Windows Components-->Internet Explorer-->Disable changing home page settings-->Enable-->Home Page: input your specified home page

Best regards

Meinolf Weber

MVP, MCP, MCTS

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Twitter:  

• Marked as answer by jamicon Thursday, May 07, 2015 10:18 PM
    Thursday, May 07, 2015 5:39 PM
  • GPO name-->User Configuration-->Policies-->Administrative Templates-->Windows Components-->Internet Explorer-->Disable changing home page settings-->Enable-->Home Page: input your specified home page

That does exactly what I don't want. Does GPP work the same way?

I want them to have a specific home page but I want them to be able to add a second or 3rd home page so the windows can not be greyed out.

Thursday, May 07, 2015 5:46 PM
  • Hello,

sorry my mistake. I over read the "without preventing them"....

Best regards

Meinolf Weber

MVP, MCP, MCTS

Twitter:  

Thursday, May 07, 2015 6:00 PM
  • Hi Jamicon,

Home Page: input your specified home page :Enable option helps you to add a custom Home page to the users but it removes the ability of the users to add the additional url at the same time.

If you Disable, home page option will be available to the users.

Thursday, May 07, 2015 6:52 PM
  • GPP does what I need, just tested it.
    Thursday, May 07, 2015 7:23 PM