how to installed SharePoint 2007 Service pack 2 (SP2) ? RRS feed

• Question

• On our production we have SharePoint 2007 version 12.0.0.6421(which means SharePoint service pack 2 is installed there). where on my VM I have a SharePoint 2007 version 12.0.0.6308.

I have installed Windows 2003 Server service pack 2 but when I am trying to installed WSS 3.0 service pack I gave me error. Do I need to installed all the SharePoint 2007 updated or only WSS 3.0 Service pack 2, WSS 3.0 Language  Service pack 2 and SharePoint 2007 service pack 2 and Sharepoint 2007 Language service pack 2  are enough??

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:08 AM second ? removed
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:38 AM

All replies

• More over as I described that I have installed Windows 2003 SP2 and after this I intalled

·         WSS 3.0 Service pack 2 and also WSS 3.0 Language  Service pack 2

·         SharePoint 2007 service pack 2 and Sharepoint 2007 Language service pack 2.

and run SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard, It first ask this error message :

"You must run setup to install new binary files for every server in your server farm. If you have multiple servers in your server farm, run setup and the configuration wizard on the other servers now, and then return to this server and click OK to continue."

and then I got Configuration failure message as shown below

Failded to initiate the upgrade sequence

An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.upgrade.SPIpgradeException was thrown. Additional exception information: Duplicate Id on sequence[Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Upgrade.FarmSequence].

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Which error do you get?
    Stefan Goßner
    Senior Escalation Engineer - Microsoft CSS
    This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 3:58 PM