none
WARNING: ExternalEmailAddress is mandatory on MailContact RRS feed

• Question

• My job has tasked me with finding out what OU's are housing contacts from a specific domain.  So I wrote this script:

==

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Get-Contact –ResultSize Unlimited| where { ($_.RecipientType -eq "MailContact"  -and $_.WindowsEmailAddress -like "*@emailfqdn*")  } FL Name,OrganizationalUnit

==

However I am being flooded with the WARNING messages below on mulitiple objects and from what I am seeing, most of them are not even contacts but exchange thinks they are. 

Also I can't suppress the warning by using the -warningaction "silentlyContinue" either.  Has anyone seen this before?  Or can someone help me maybe write the script more intelligent to get the data that I need for my job for now?

The data retrieval is more important now, We are on a freeze as far and making in changes to the exchanges servers now.

==

WARNING: The object mydomain/SWP Organization/Users/ emailfqdn /PB-Mil Library Conference Room - JS 2S has been corrupted, and it's in an inconsistent state. The following validation errors happened:

WARNING: ExternalEmailAddress is mandatory on MailContact.

WARNING:The mail contact and mail user must have a valid external e-mail address.

Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:33 PM

Answers

• You need to fix the problem or you will not get correct results.

Get-Contact -WarningAction SilentlyContinue

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:46 PM

All replies

• You need to fix the problem or you will not get correct results.

Get-Contact -WarningAction SilentlyContinue

\_(ツ)_/

Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:46 PM
  • Roger that.  Have you seen that error message before?  I believe is has something to do with MIM syncs coming from the other forest we are partnered with.
    Saturday, November 18, 2017 11:57 PM
  • Post issue in Exchange forum for help with fixing the  warning.

\_(ツ)_/

Sunday, November 19, 2017 12:03 AM