none
MIM MFA / SMS Provider for Self-Service Password Reset RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I'm interested if MIM can use custom sms center providers to provide users such information:

1. Initial password

2. Use sms for MFA

As I can understand  Initial password in such case can be send by metaverse extension, but second can be acchived only with Azure MFA?

Also can anybody say if password extension client in Windows 10 is integrated in OS or I need to install it as it was before? Can't foud this information.

Thanks!

Friday, November 24, 2017 11:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you have a SMS provider, it would be possible to send the initial password.  You could do this as part of the provisioning logic, or as a custom workflow in the Portal.

Here is a link for configuring SMS for Password Reset in FIM,  the same should apply to MIM.  

The MIM SSPR Client is not integrated in the OS, and is a separate install.  Here is a link for FIM, but again, the same should apply for MIM.  When you install the MIM SSPR Client, it defaults to prompt the user to register every time they log in, it is recommend to update the registry (Which can be done via Group Policy) so that it is X number of days, off set by X number of days to avoid over loading the SSPR Portal.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Friday, November 24, 2017 12:17 PM
  • Thanks, Ian.

Question about how we can use custom sms provider (instead of Azure MFA) is still opened, maybe somebody have more expirience with this.

Monday, November 27, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Hey Alex,

Did you manage to set this up for SMS OTP with MIM/FIM? I am looking for some info for our setup, how does SMS provider interacts and what is required?

Thanks.

Regards, Jim MSCS - MCP Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Monday, September 3, 2018 5:32 PM