none
MS Project Standard 2007. Parent/Child relationship in sharepoint. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to insert a child plan into a parent plan to enable the owners of the child plan(s) to be able to make their own updates to key milestones and for these changes to update in the parent plan.

I have made this work on my desktop and local drives but cannot get this to work on sharepoint.

SharePoint would be best so we could store all the plans centrally in one place.

Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:17 PM

Answers

• A Rose --

To the best of my knowledge, I do not believe this is possible in Microsoft Project 2010.  And it may not be possible in Microsoft Project 2013 either.  I do not have a SharePoint site I can use for testing, so I will gladly ask other users in this community to correct me if I am wrong.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by A Rose Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:47 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:32 PM

All replies

• A Rose --

In other words, you are trying to create a master project in a SharePoint site.  With Microsoft Project 2007, this is not possible, so you cannot do it even if you want to do it.  Sorry.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:48 PM
  • Hello

Would this be possible with Version 2010?

Kind regards,

Amy

Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:30 PM
  • A Rose --

To the best of my knowledge, I do not believe this is possible in Microsoft Project 2010.  And it may not be possible in Microsoft Project 2013 either.  I do not have a SharePoint site I can use for testing, so I will gladly ask other users in this community to correct me if I am wrong.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by A Rose Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:47 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:32 PM
  • thanks Dale appreciate your advice.

Amy

Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:47 PM