Error "Could not log in to the server. The server is not started or server is too busy" For Proclarity Web Professional 6.3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I had migrated all brefieng books of 6.0 PAS database to 6.3 PAS Database with out any issues. Updated the server name also to new analysis server in bookelements table.

But when ever I am trying to access migrated views it giving an error

Stating “Could not log in to server. The server is not started or server is to busy”

If I access through File -> Open cube I am able to browse through the cube so I am sure that SSAS is accessible but when I click on the view it gives the above mentioned error.

There are views created through 6.3 and that’s working fine.

Please tell me is I am missing anything

Regards

Gokul

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:48 AM

Answers

• Thanks Sean For Reply,

I sorted this problem. I dont have any actual reason how it worked.

I had used update statement in transact-sql to update the server name. But it was not working. so i deleted all the rows and re-inserted all rows but without changing the old server name.

This time i used tools -> change connection information to change server name for all the books one by one and asked it to point to new server. This time it worked fine.

No idea why it was not working previously. if u have any idea please let me know. :)

Regards
     Gokul
    • Marked as answer by nairgokul Monday, July 27, 2009 12:39 PM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Gokul,

Sorry to hear you're having some difficulties after upgrading to 6.3.  You mentioned you also changed the Server field to a new SSAS server in the bookelements table.  For the views that do not work, if you launch one in ProClarity Professional and click through the error messages.. if you look along the bottom of the screen you should see where it displays the server/database/cube the view is set to connect to.  What you'll want to do is compare the connection data for working vs. non-working and make sure the views are pointing to the correct location.

Error messages in pro are very vague and often will not lead you in the direction of the problem.

Hth,
    Sean
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, July 24, 2009 10:19 PM
  • Thanks Sean For Reply,

I sorted this problem. I dont have any actual reason how it worked.

I had used update statement in transact-sql to update the server name. But it was not working. so i deleted all the rows and re-inserted all rows but without changing the old server name.

This time i used tools -> change connection information to change server name for all the books one by one and asked it to point to new server. This time it worked fine.

No idea why it was not working previously. if u have any idea please let me know. :)

Regards
     Gokul
    • Marked as answer by nairgokul Monday, July 27, 2009 12:39 PM
    Monday, July 27, 2009 12:39 PM