WSUS Server 2008 R2- Installation Failed RRS feed

• Question

• I am re-installing my WSUS server

This errors pops up during my installation.."'The update could not be found. There may be a network connection issue.

This link=>

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/e51928f5-52a4-4926-9238-ea5cb2df1015/windows-server-update-services-installation-failed-the-update-could-not-be-found?forum=winserverwsus

could helped me with my solution but I need some clarification to the statement " restart the Windows Update service (wuauserv) and then you should be good to go"

I have this list of key

-WUServer and

-WuStatusServer

Both with the same Key Values, where should i restart ??

----- bsl

• Moved by Just Karl Friday, January 20, 2017 7:47 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    • Moved by Dave PatrickMVP Friday, January 20, 2017 10:14 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2016 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - Technical Queries' forum is for posts Related to technical / coding / programming related issues as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

Friday, January 20, 2017 7:37 PM
  • Hi 12BSL,

>.."'The update could not be found. There may be a network connection issue.

On the WSUS server, please check register key in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU, you may delete the key "AU", then restart windows update services. (Remember to backup the register key before you delete it).

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 23, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

Could the above reply be of help, if yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 2:35 AM