One drive to backup a spare computer. RRS feed

• Question

• I have 10 users each with one drive O365 subscription. I also have an 11th computer that does not have O365 on it. Is there anyway I can back this computer up to onedrive without sharing any of teh exsisting one drives (or at least keep whats on them private)
    Saturday, February 22, 2020 9:13 PM

All replies

• I do not think it is possible has the logon is the one that determine your folders/files saved in onedrive.
    Sunday, February 23, 2020 9:19 AM
  • I have two options,

1. You can install Onedrive on that PCs  and then configure relevant use accounts. You have to switch on and sync devices

2. You can run a backup tool for local onedrive to that PCs

Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

You will need a Microsoft/Office 365 account to use OneDrive/OneDrive for Business service. You can have up to 5 GB of files without a subscription and no extra cost for PC folder backup with one Microsoft account.

It is not possible to sync local files to an existing OneDrive account without interfering the data within or keep the user of this account from accessing the backed-up files.

I suggest you use a separate account to back up the local data and adjust the subscription plan according to your local storage.

Here’s your reference.

Back up your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders with OneDrive.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/back-up-your-documents-pictures-and-desktop-folders-with-onedrive-d61a7930-a6fb-4b95-b28a-6552e77c3057

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, February 24, 2020 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:58 AM