is there a way to run the MDT console on my system, but have processing done on the remote machine which the deployment share is on? RRS feed

• Question

• I've been running MDT locally with the deployment share housed on a removable HD.

I now have a server at my disposal so I was going to move my workflow to that machine. If I only move the deployment share to the server, but run the console on my computer I'm guessing all processioning will be done on my computer and there will be a lot of back and forth over the network.

Is there a way I can have the processing run on the server, while still interact with the console locally, or is installing MDT on the server and working through RDP the only option if I want the processing to be offloaded to the remote machine?

Thursday, July 21, 2016 7:41 PM

Answers

• Not unless you run the MDT console on the server.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Marked as answer by GeorgeKen Friday, July 22, 2016 2:19 AM
    Friday, July 22, 2016 1:40 AM

All replies

• Not unless you run the MDT console on the server.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Marked as answer by GeorgeKen Friday, July 22, 2016 2:19 AM
    Friday, July 22, 2016 1:40 AM
  • Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping there was a best of both worlds method where I could get the smoothness of running the console locally but have all the work offloaded to the remote machine. I guess barring that, the next best option is to install the console on the remote machine and RDP in.
    Friday, July 22, 2016 2:24 AM